India was bowled out for a low test score
Hi friends, the 2nd test match between India and South Africa started yesterday. India won the toss and elected to bat first, the decision taken by Anil Kumble turned out into nightmare. The pace duo of South Africa, Ntini & Steyn bowled an excellent line & length and Indian batsman were caught napping and India was bowled out for lowest score 76. This score entered the records book and it was 7th lowest score scored by India in test matches.
India’s lowest totals in Test cricket:
- 42 v England played at Lord’s in 1974 result of the match Lost
- 58 v Australia played at Brisbane in 1947-48 result of the match Lost
- 58 v England played at Manchester in 1952 result of the match Lost
- 66 v South Africa played at Durban in 1996-97 result of the match Lost
- 67 v Australia played at Melbourne in 1947-48 result of the match Lost
- 75 v West Indies played at Delhi in 1987-88 result of the match Lost
- 76 v South Africa played at Ahmedabad in 2007-08 result of the match yet to decide.
This is second time that India was bundled out for such low score against the RSA. The visitors are more prepared than Indian team for the 2 nd test match. Shewag, Ganguly, Jaffer, Kumble, Dhoni & sreeshant got out playing poor shots. Dravid got out to an excellent delivery from Steyn and Laxman left the fall thinking the ball will go to keeper but the ball turned sharply and kissed the half stump. It is sad to see Irfan Pathan could not do anything as others players were not able to face the intimidating bowling of the South African bowlers.
This is India’s shortest test innings and India was bundled out for 76 in 20 overs. Ntini picked up 3 wickets & Steyn took 5 wickets. M Morkel took the remaining 2 wickets. In my opinion Indian batsman showed no application and Sachin Tendulkar presence might have helped the team. At the end of the day one, South Africa were 223-4 (64 overs) and gained a valuable lead of 147 runs. J Kallis & De Villers had built a good hundred runs partnership and both the players are targeting their hundreds.
It will be Herculean task for Indian’s too back and dominate this test match. I hope India will fight back and save the test match..