For those who think they know every thing
There are people who claim that they know everything. I have met many such people in my life. Some of them even go ahead and declare that others do not know anything. I have received a set of questions from Will and Guy in my e-mail which can be used as test by such people. This is a good test. So many of the questions are tantalizing. People who do not think so about themselves can also take this test.
Friends, you should be able to get at least three, but you have to be a genius to get 10/12. Question (2) is especially tricky.
12 Questions –
(1) There’s one ‘sport” in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?
(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables? (Biennials don’t count.)
(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?
(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn’t been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters “dw.” They are all common. Name two of them.
(8) There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?
(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the “Los Angeles Lakers?”
(9a) For English readers, What is the Vale referred to in Vale Park.
(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Being designated a pinch-runner is one way. Name the other six.
(10a) For English and Colonial readers, there are 10 ways of being out in Cricket. Hit the ball twice is one. Can you name the other 9.
(11) It’s the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?
(12) Name six (or more) things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter “S.”
I know the answers. I will post the answers after a sufficient number of people have taken the test.
My best wishes to all.